In conjunction with the waste hauling and janitorial contractors, 3800 Alameda has implemented a recycling program designed to aid the environment without requiring tenants to deal with detailed sorting of trash.
How it Works:
Recycling programs range from complete sorting at the source (a bin for everything) to not recycling anything and sending all trash to the landfill. Our program is designed to fall in between these extremes while maintaining a high percentage of successful recycling.
- The property maintains two separate waste receptacles that are picked up regularly by the contractor and are delivered to a standard landfill and a recycling sorting center.
- The janitors take all of the trash from the restrooms and kitchen areas of office suites and put it in the "wet waste" system, which is taken to the landfill.
- All of the trash from under-the-desk trash cans and items from any "Recycling" trash cans are put in the "mixed recyclables" system and are taken to the recycling sorting center.
- If a recycling trash can is provided and used by a tenant in the kitchen areas, that trash is included with the office trash.
- The recycling center sorts mixed recyclable trash into categories, such as plastics, white paper, cardboard and non-recyclables.
How you can help:
In general, it has been found that the trash thrown out at desks is mostly recyclable. The more individuals are aware of what and where they are throwing out, the more efficient our recycling program will be.